Friday, January 1, 2010

Writing the daily blog (#336)

It is the first day of 2010 and I am still writing my daily blog. For the last over 300 days I have put to words my thoughts on a variety of subjects. Both personal and public. It has seemed like I have been doing this for a long time when in actuality it has been just under a year. Regardless, I must give myself some credit for sticking to this daily format despite all the things that happen in life. This blog has become an old friend for me, allowing me to express myself on subjects that otherwise would have remained or been lost in my head. If anything, writing these postings mainly first thing in the morning gives me an opportunity to clarify my feelings on a day to day basis. I am often also pushed to new insights right in the middle of some point I am making and get to enjoy discovery of new avenues of thought. What I am doing is no different than what has been done in the past by journalists and diary keepers, the difference is that I am the one who is doing this at this time in our history. I am just another link in the chain of humanity who wishes to record that I am alive and have thoughts. The Universe will have it's say in what will be and I want the Universe to know how I think and feel about what is happening to me and us.

No comments: