Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Courage and fear (#389)

Courage and fear are the two sides of the same coin. Both can exist together but only one side shows at a time. I bring this up because I have been thinking about how to deal with fear through courage. It seems to me that fear gets it's way when I do not stand on a right principle, for when I am in the right my courage grows and my fear diminishes. When I am not standing on a right principle fear grows and courage wanes. As a human being of a normal type I would think that we are all experiencing these same situations. If I am interpreting this correctly then the best answer to conquering fear is to live a right principled life. Which is exactly what I am trying to do. It is in the how I am trying to live a right principled life that is the key. How do I go about living on principles that exemplify right, honor, fairness, compassion etc.. We all have our moral compasses we need to decipher for ourselves, because we are individuals who are finding our way through life all with the same curiosity about existence. I have no answers, but I have many questions. I will not let others abrogate my right to think for myself and discover the ideals I need to justify my opinions and decisions. I know that happy is good and sad is not. From the simple comes the complex and that is how I start.

No comments: