Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Strength of mind (#376)

I don't write this from the perspective of myself having some great strength of mind or of having the secret to implementing the strength of mind every time I need it. I write this from the perspective of knowing I need to have a strength of mind and wondering how I am going to do that. Like all of us, there are times when the courage to stand and be accountable comes along and we either rise or fail depending on our conviction. I want to say that it is always that easy to recognize but it is not always that easy. Often in life situations occur that demand our response and when our response is given, we hope it is appropriate for the necessity. Other times, the vagueness or complexity of a situation relegate us to not being sure what our response should be and that is a unsatisfactory feeling. Not knowing is perhaps my greatest dilemma in life. I want to know so I will know how to think and or react. I have a body of principles I consider before I put thought into action and despite being well armed with virtue I still am not able, at times, to know how to react. Life is funny that way and me admitting that I am not capable of knowing what I want to know is a great start. Wisdom is earned not bred. At least in my experience anyway.

No comments: