Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The transference of emotion (#404)

The lines between proper emotional display are not as simple to define as one would think. Often in this time of unsettling problems. emotions are kept in check for fear of one's individual security. A problem with not expressing one's true feelings at the moment of it's occurrence is that it is bottled up inside and often isn't given a release in some other form. What can happen then is it is transferred to another outlet, such as a time when it is expressed along with some other appropriate display. This will most likely enhance the appropriate response and make the adjusted response inappropriate in it's degree of expression. Often I have wondered why some little disruption of event has caused a completely out of control response by myself and/or others. It seems to me that the pent-up emotion within me has finally found it's release and the result dose not conform with the circumstance. How to measure and diagnose my own individual emotional response to any given circumstance is an on-going process for me. I realize that giving myself another outlet to analyze and release frustration in it's many forms is a vital aspect in the process of me becoming the better man I wish to become. Until I have designed a process for myself to regulate my emotional responses that have no immediate outlet, I must remember that each circumstance must have it's own appropriate response.

No comments: