Monday, March 1, 2010

The turning of the tide (#395)

One day I just woke up and had a new outlook on things in general. Sleep is a highly underrated form of mental refreshment. Talking through things is very important in figuring things out but the newness of waking has a clarity to it that is seldom achieved in wakeful hours. Most of the time when I have a problem it seems much more difficult before I sleep and much less difficult after I awake from sleep. It is interesting as a test subject that my mind has a way of advancing thought when it is well rested. I know that this is not a new phenomena but for me it is a revelation as a strategy for problem solving. Anyway, the point being that when I am able to turn from a position of confusion to a position of knowing, I have accomplished another step into the direction I am heading. We have all heard that life is a journey and the journey is what we make of it. My destination is significant but not the purpose for living. A greater picture is still being developed that will eventually define my life. It is when the definition of my life is known that the way I got there will be what I see as me.

No comments: