Friday, April 2, 2010

Rise above the noise (#427)

The air is cleaner up here. The view is great! I can actually hear the sounds of nature. The sun and the wind caress me with sensitivity. I can actually taste the temperature of the air. Of course I am speaking metaphorically. I can place myself into an aura of desensitivity to the chaos around me and just enjoy the input from my senses without regard to the teeming life surrounding me. I often find that by just slowing down and being deliberate in all my actions I find a place of rest. A moment here and a moment there is all I need to gain the fly-on-the-wall perspective. I am not looking to know what others are doing I just want to know what I should be doing. My motives are right and good "without causing any harm to myself or others"-(John Stuart Mill's philosophy). My life is so important to me. I want to live it with principle and purpose. There is no other reason for me to continue in life unless I can contribute in some way that I am able to define. It is ironic that I am a man with a purpose yet unknown to me the man. However, life is subtle in it's ironies and I am just waiting for the revelation of purpose so that I am ready to fulfill it when it becomes apparent to me. The more time I spend in the quiet of life the better chance I will of hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting and feeling what existence will have for me.

No comments: