Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What you think of me (#446)

This one had me captured for most of my life. I really thought that what you thought of me was a priority in my life. I spent too much time trying to influence your thoughts of me instead of just being me. My mind still wants to have input into how others relate to and about me but not as much as before. I have come to realize that what you think is not within my power to manipulate. The reason it is not is because I am not living for the negative and lesser principles of human action and thought but I am instead living to exemplify the better and best of human qualities. My understanding today is that I must only be concerned with how I think of you. It is something I can control and is plenty enough to keep me busy. This way I get to control the criteria used to analyze how you come across to me. If I just keep to the better and best principles of human nature such as, honor, courage, honesty, compassion etc... then how you view me will at least have been based on my actions concerning my ability to uphold the high standards I put out there for me. What you do with that is up to you. I must focus solely on how I perceive what you are doing. I like the process I use since I am a forgiving and hopeful soul. There is always room for struggle to be better and the occasional triumph I get to witness when someone overcomes obstacles is rewarding. Life is right for me now that I am on the right track.

No comments: