Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Where honesty leads me (#460)

I awoke last night with the thought about how I don't have to try to manipulate, coerce, cajole or otherwise apply duress to get things done. I just have to try as hard as I can and then ask for help when I need it. It is not a perfect system but seems to work well. The old adage that "you don't get something for nothing" seems to be untrue. My experience shows me that people want to be apart of something or anything that has honorable values and noble intent. I try so hard to keep myself within these bounds so that whatever it is I am trying to do has a positive result when it is accomplished. It is so different for my way of thinking now that I know that I don't have to be the master of all things around me. I can just do what I think is helpful and good and let others know what I am doing. It is not a contest or a competition to prove my worth or ability, it is about the subject I am trying to advance, not me. It has taken me many years to realize that when I respect myself and my motives, I am also able to respect everyone else and it shows. When the subject of my good intent is exposed others just naturally are drawn to it through curiosity or by the subject and it's standing in their life. I am more like a catalyst now, setting things up and trying to get them into motion. The help just seems to come to life of its own accord. I really like my life today.

No comments: