Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What is my mind? (#488)

I often catch myself saying that "when I make up my mind..." and only now am I pausing to wonder what actually is my mind? It is where my thoughts are. It is where I generate toward most of my actions. But other than these things I am still curious about what my mind is. It is mine for sure. I know this because of the decisions I have made and the consequences that followed were directly related to my decisions. I am the impetus to the working of my mind. It would follow logically that I must be in control of the mind within me. If that is the case then again the next logical assumption would be that I have control over my mind. If I have control over my mind then I can direst my thinking in particular ways that I choose. Whether I choose to exert control over my mind then is directly proportional to what I consider a priority. If I choose not to direct my thinking in any particular way then I am either carefree in my mind's application toward myself or I choose not to care. In essence I have been given an awesome responsibility, namely that of commander of my mind. I have lived many years and in that time I have evolved my mind into a reflection of what I want to be. How precious is that for me? It is the most precious gift I have within me. That is how precious. I can move my mind toward areas of thought that I find of value. I can use the vast wealth of knowledge my mind has accumulated over the years in many fine ways. It is my mind to direct and I will continue to commander it with all myself.

No comments: