Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What should I desire? (#508)

Everything? Well, maybe not everything but I do want what I want when I want it. lol. This has always been tricky for me to answer. The selfish part of me is always clamoring for bigger and more for me. The unselfish part of me is always clamoring for bigger and more for everyone else. The balance for what I should desire is somewhere in between. I need for myself a sense of fulfillment, a fulfillment when it comes to love, joy and happiness. Whether I attain these in a constant state in my life remains a mystery. These are emotional needs for me personally, but I also wish them for everyone else as well. It is no fun being in a world where I would be the only one having a blissful life. I also desire health, welfare and opportunity for everyone including myself. Life can be grand if we decide to serve each other the way we would like to be served. We have always had the answer to how we can live life in the best way, it is we have not been able to implement a process for doing that. Obstacles are out there in the form of greed and the illusion of power. I am not sure we will ever be able to construct a new society when we are so caught up in the illusion of what is a priority in our life. Each of our little worlds of existence must align so that the bigger world of existence can begin to form as a reality. It is all in our heads, and that is where we can find our way around and through any obstacle. Serving each other the way we would like to be served is our foundation. Everything must flow from that genesis.

No comments: