Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Why do I care? (#516)

About what? It does not matter what it is I still find that I care. There is something within me that craves to be a part of things that are worthy of completion. I am an idealist. I have to admit that. More than anything I know that I am mortal with only a short time in this existence left to experience. Somehow I have moved past the paralyzing fear of looming death to a place where death does not hold any significance. It will happen no matter what I try to do. Acceptance of this has brought about a desire to be as much in the flow of life as I can handle. I see now that what I do from now on is all that matters. I have lived the learning part of my life that helped me with perspective and the understanding of a purpose for me. Now I am putting all my effort into that purpose with the hope that I can leave behind me some ideas worthy of helping to make this world somewhat better for all life here. I have no wife or children of my own yet I feel an obligation, rightly so, to pass on to all, any hope and premise I can that will add to the knowledge of a chain of ancestors who have already done the same. I have always felt that a connection between all humans and other species of life exists on some level. Life is the gift and the form of the life does not detract from that. I care because it is right within my soul to care.

No comments: