Thursday, June 3, 2010

Why I judge me (#489)

If I am ever going to be the man I want to be then I need to be honest with myself. I need to judge myself with the principles I hold dear. I do not get a pass on things because I know I can hide or deny them. I have to be my own conscious about what I am doing. I do not need someone else to judge me when I have every truth before me. No one knows me like I know myself. I am the best judge of me outside my higher power. Am I willing to let myself slide when I do not let others slide. It would be easy to let myself slide but it would not allow me to be responsible for the choices I make. I have to make better choices if I am to become the man I want to be. I value the principles in my life. They mean everything to me and instead of just being idealisms I want them to constantly be realisms that reflect my actions. What I have learned is that fear is the reason I do most everything against my wishes. I must learn to express my actions when fear comes upon me in a way that brings opportunity not cowardice. I have to stand for the things that matter to me. I cannot talk about living principles that are right and good but I must react with principles in my life that are right and good. I judge myself to keep an eye on myself and to tell on myself when needed.

No comments: