Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Compartmentalization (#523)

I do this as a strategy. When I cannot come to a conclusion about something, I am able to put it in a metaphorical box and move on to other things until I am able to come back to it with another possible thought. In other words, I have a bunch of concepts sitting inside my head with no obvious solution. This is how I am able to stay in the present without getting hung-up on current unanswerable questions I have. I am just smart enough to know not to obsess about things I have no immediate way of resolving. It does make for a crowded memory bank, but the alternative is far more chaotic. I treat my brain as a resource, ready to help me in wherever my interest at the time takes me. By compartmentalizing I am keeping an orderly process for my thoughts to move about without being funneled into a particular problem. I am chuckling to myself as I write this but really, it does work for me. It sounds so funny critiquing how I think. lol. I have so much going on between my ears and I do need a way to put some order to it. I am not saying that what is going on is of much value, but to me it is important enough to make me pause and ponder. Well, this was fun doing this post and if anyone out there has anything to add about how thoughts on particular subjects can be organized I am listening. :)

No comments: