Saturday, July 17, 2010

My "rights" should not harm you (#533)

This is something I have had to learn mostly through trial and error. It is sad to me that I could not see the big picture at an earlier age so as to save myself and others hard feelings. When I was younger I used to think that I was due great accolades just for being alive. I was a gift to life and should be treated with extra special dispensations. The fact that I existed was sufficient for me to claim a right to all the high road. Don't you know who I am? That was my thought process in my head. Arrogant to say the least. I have since learned that I am no different than anyone else at all. We are all significant. This brings me to my topic, my rights should not harm you. What are my rights? If they do not cause me or you a harm then I can be assured that they are my legitimate rights and not some theory of what my rights should be. The complication of knowing what is a harm to you and to me is something I can learn through logic, and I do. However most of my learning takes place through experience, coupled with logic. I am fortunate that I had survived my earlier incorrect thinking about my own worth and again am fortunate that I have found a way to evolve into a person who considers how my actions and thoughts affect myself and others.

No comments: