Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On the subject of telling the truth (#522)

When I was a child I was told to tell the truth. I believed this and did as I was told, mostly. When I didn't it was because I wanted something not to be known or I wanted something and telling the truth would not get it for me. What I should have been told, along with always tell the truth, was why. It should have been explained to me in detail the consequences of telling and not telling the truth. Being so young I was not able to consider how each action would affect me and others. Logic has mostly been understandable to me and a great guide in deciding what course I should take. Granted, we are not all blessed with parents or mentors who are versed in the complexities of logic, as they themselves were not given detailed explanations either. The cycle must stop however and all of us, understanding that the details of living a good life, are necessarily needed to make a good foundation in our lives. Here is a problem I have often seen and wished to explain. It is in the details that we learn good living. When we do not take time to explain things or ourselves in detail we often confuse or send a wrong message. Using a logical form of explaining helps to convey a more accurate description of teaching others and ourselves what we need to know. I want to know the truth, I have no time for fallacious concepts or theories. The truth is where I grow from and knowing it in detail is my hope for me and all of us.

No comments: