Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Society versus natural rights (#544)

This is always the great struggle, how do we conform to both without sacrificing both. The way I see it is to be as natural as I can be without denigrating the demands of society to any real extreme. So now it is apparent that I hold my natural rights to a higher standard of worth than I do the rules of society. The reason is this; society is a structure that is constantly undergoing change. My natural self is consistent and is how I was born. I know the need to have a society that continues to evolve and keep us from chaos. This is valuable and necessary. I also know that generally the concept of society is to maintain and nurture the best of human principles. I have no doubt of the intent of society. What I do have is an individual life that is not a readily conforming nature. Again, society is structured in a general way, it does not fit all of us conveniently. Our diversity is a strength. Toleration of our diversity helps us maintain our individualness and gives us the freedom to live our own individual lives and still fit mostly within society. The purpose for life is yet to be known in the absolute. Our society then must be a loose fit for all of us to be able to cloak ourselves within it. There is still so much left to the unknown and a society that is open to the curious nature we have and allows us through the compassion we feel in our souls to explore the boundaries of the known, has a better chance of surviving as a society and gives us more freedom to express our own natural rights.

No comments: