Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Talk is cheap; action is proof (#536)

Everything takes two steps. One to think then the other to act. At least that is the way it should mostly be. Some actions happen without thought and some thoughts need no action. However most everything else needs both. What we usually get though is a lot of thought turned into speech without the follow-up of action. I catch myself being guilty of this often. Especially when I want to pontificate on some subject of my churned-out insight. I often though catch myself before I turn my thoughts into speech and therefore save myself a later realized rebuke or gentle reminder, from others or myself, that there were more complexities involved than what I had accounted for. All of this is to keep myself into a perspective that when I do know what is right and I act upon that, I have done what should be normally done. My actions will always speak louder than my words. That is not a cliche it is a fact. If I expect others to act then the least I can do is act myself. The least I can do. I prize my humility today as a strength of my character. By following through with what I know to be right, I have elevated myself outside my own personal defaults into an arena where only the truth is revealed. I open myself up to scrutiny. If I do what I do in the light of the day and the intent of my doing is right, then I have begun to become the man I hope to be. Less hot air, more hard work!

No comments: