Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thinking outside the box (#520)

What is it going to take to get us to think outside the box. We seem to think that all the best ideas have already been pondered. I know for myself, I was certain that I was not intelligent enough to add anything significant to our society. I was wrong. The status quo is maintained not because it is the best for us but because varied interests have advantages that are more important than doing what is best for all of us. Elitism, deficient philosophy and fear keep us entwined in processes that are familiar and comfortable, regardless of their outdated ineffectiveness. I take exception to anyone who argues with me about maintaining the status quo due to historical conventional wisdom. Precedent is not good enough an answer for questions that arise consistently in a constantly changing society. We must think outside the box. I am one who is fervent in my call for a reorganization of thought concerning the value and respect for every individual. My main theme is that life is a gift and therefore anyone who lives in existence should be afforded a right to maintain a survival within our society. Incumbent on every individual is the responsibility to cultivate society for the betterment of society on a whole. We must give the tools for everyone to use for understanding. We only get better and more advanced if we allow all of ourselves the opportunities to explore the talents all of us have. All of us have!

No comments: