Saturday, July 31, 2010

The wind at my face (#547)

I would prefer that the wind be coming at my back to help carry me forward, but such is usually not my fate. It seems that I am mostly pushing forward into the wind. I am using the wind as a metaphor to illustrate how I am living my life. It is real that I am born during the early stages of human experience. There are millenniums behind me but they are characterized by mostly tumultuous and barbaric histories. The more enlightened experience of humanity is only centuries old and I suspect that there will be millenniums ahead where life should be characterized by our better natures instead of our worst. So, knowing that life is still evolving as to how we live it, there is much work still to do and moving forward is the path. It is hard to break out of paradigms that are comfortable and easily enough endured. However, progress toward greater life experiences than what we now enjoy is hard and sacrificing work. I can only speak for myself. I want to do everything I can to move the evolution of the human experience along for the sake of preserving humanity. The walking against the wind analogy is the struggle to improve how we all experience life. I have no other intent than to be a part of something special. Our current generation has opportunities to effect future behaviors and experiences. To not do something to continue to change and upgrade our society, as society continues to mature, is unthinkable to me. This is my position and not an indictment of anyone else. It is a peek into the window of my soul. I just thought I would open myself up to the light of examination.

No comments: