Friday, August 6, 2010

Communication is the key (#553)

I have lived both ways. I have been quiet and not offered to talk about what is going on with me and I have opened up and let other people know what is going on in my life. Being closed up and not open about my life eventually left me feeling lonely and discouraged. My life got a lot less complicated but it also got a lot less fulfilling. I am now fully in the camp of sharing my life with others, generally and in detail, when appropriate. It is amazing the things we have in common and the support we can give one another when we know in real time what is happening around us. I used to think that making myself available to people would just bring chaos and drama. Occasionally some chaos and drama appears but only in very manageable ways. More the case is the feeling I have of being a part of life and having a positive influence on circumstances. I look forward to meeting like-minded souls who also wish to share their lives with me as much as I do with them. Life just seems to offer more solutions to problems when more helpful people are involved. The only way I could get to this point was to open up myself and trust others like they would like to be trusted. In most cases people hope for people who will trust them and they like returning trust where it is offered. When I say hello, smile or shake some one's hand I have another chance to make the world around me a better place. It all starts with the act of communicating.