Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My understanding of spirituality (#557)

I have come to a place in my life where I know that a greater force than I exists. I am not talking about a large person or elephants or larger creatures than myself. I am talking about a force within and without the Universe who has created all of which I know and never will know. My logic, common sense and gut lead me to this. For me there is no form or definition that I can give to explain my understanding. I can talk around the edges but not directly as to this force's absolute nature. Most every human being in existence, past and present, understands the concept of God. Many varieties and explanations are currently available to help in finding one's way to a God. I cannot tell anyone else what and who to believe in as it relates to the "right" God. That is for each individual to find for themselves. I only know what is personal to me and that is what I have arrived at. My contention that the two traits of human nature, compassion and curiosity, which define me, are directly given to me through my spirituality. It is my purpose then to live my life with these gifts in full evidence. It is somewhat sad that I had to get where I am now to be able to have this clarity but I will take what is. It is magnificent that I do now know what is important to me and I can give my the rest of my life full effort to fulfilling what my spirituality has revealed. I am not it, something greater than me is.

No comments: