Monday, August 2, 2010

Respecting each other (#549)

We are human, so we make mistakes. We live in a fast paced world and it is easy to be insensitive without even thinking about it. All of our actions have a consequence. Our conscious must be in focus without fail. The reason I say this is because how we treat and are treated by others is personal to each of us. If I am going to exercise my right to be an individual, I must take on the responsibility that comes with it. The days of thinking that, regardless of the consequence of our actions, we are immune to how others are affected has passed. We are all interconnected. Like the scientific axiom, every action has an inverse and equal reaction. I would like to think that if more thought was given to just being courteous to each other a mountain of hurt feelings and guilt would not exist. What really is important in our lives? Can we distinguish our own desires from their effect on others? Simple questions, hard answers. It is what we must do if we are to have quality of relationships in our lives. I have found that it is in the relationships I have, and am continuing to form, that I find true success. My ability to take into account what effect I am having on others is one of my highest priorities. The quality of the life experience can be influenced by me and I choose to make as much of it a quality experience as possible.

No comments: