Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The best out of life (#586)

I get to be a part of something special everyday, that being my life. I set the course for how I live. I may not appreciate everything that happens in my life but I get to do everything I can to make those times better. I am the key to how I live. One of the great obstacles, for me, in life has been a complacency or a sense of being too comfortable when seeking to find a safe harbor. It is well and good to be in a place that offers security but not at the expense of my individual identity. Life should be an experience where we mature our identities throughout our lives, not a place where we settle for just surviving by abdicating our freedom to be our individual self. I cannot settle for security if it means I am to become less of who I am. That prison of security will destroy all that is good within me. I need to have the ability to stand for what I know is right despite jeopardizing whatever security I may have at the moment. What I will always carry with me in this life is my respect for my life. A dignity I get to help establish. I know who I am and because of that knowing, my path is clear. It will be on the principles of the best of what humanity has to offer, that is my goal. As I get older and find that it is more difficult to fend for myself, it is natural that I would start to think of becoming more secure. But that thought cannot be just to survive. I must continue to fight for who I am and not what I am willing to sacrifice of my identity to attain that security.

No comments: