Thursday, September 9, 2010

Here is one perspective for life (#587)

I have thought for some time now that life on Earth should be different than what it is. My rude awakening came when I had to watch my Mother cry and not know why or how to make things better. I know in my heart that feeling helpless to stop her pain wasn't what life should be about. Life shouldn't have to be sad and hurtful. Maybe it is easier to explain if I told you what life shouldn't be. It shouldn't be without compassion and curiosity. Yet what we end up with is some form of fear for the most part. Everyone afraid to lose something or not gain something. Life should be about experiences not acquisitions. Yet the reality is, it is about acquisitions hundreds times more than experiences. We all should know that the people and the places in our lives gives us the best feelings of happiness and contentedness. Yet off we go most everyday chasing the next material thing that we just have to have. There is some sense of accomplishment in knowing that we can acquire, but accomplishment is pretty hollow when compared to happiness. We have five physical senses that relate directly to experiencing. We hear, see, smell, taste and touch. The way our society is arranged keeps most of us locked in at our jobs, in our commitment to have communications and our responsibilities to family. However, as an individual who has unlimited compassion and curiosity, I wish I could just experience this world, with the senses I have been given, and any other worlds we may apply ourselves toward while I am still alive.

No comments: