Monday, September 6, 2010

Space exploration (#584)

This subject should not come as a surprise to those who know my curious nature. I have written some on it before but I thought it was time for me to revisit the concept and it's meaning for us all. The vision we should all hold together. It is difficult for me to believe that any person would be against wanting to know what is in our Universe. When I was a child I used to enjoy turning over rocks and looking under them. Nothing has changed accept that it is our "outer space" that I want to examine. How do we as humanity get to a place where we can all take a part in exploring the vast unknown? We all need to have a vision that is greater than just existing on our Earth. I contend as a purpose for writing this blog is to forward our natures of compassion and curiosity. I also state that the denial of either of these two traits allows other manifestations of action and behavior that is detrimental to ourselves and others. In forwarding curiosity and not allowing or making a way possible for curiosity to thrive, we are stunting and decaying the human spirit. Again, we must all be able to have the vision of greater realities than just being Earth bound. Satisfying our twin natures is who we are. We are at our best when we are fully engaged in caring and wondering. A future focused on moving in and amongst the stars and beyond is where the strengths of our natures will flourish.

No comments: