Friday, September 3, 2010

We need to offer hope! (#581)

Why? This is why. I have always been in need of a vision for my life. When I was first starting out in grammar school I wanted to learn because I did not understand. Once I understood, I needed another goal. I became more interested in learning beyond basic knowledge, but I noticed others in my classes who did not share the same desire I had. It was as if the light had gone out in their eyes. They were content to accept what they had as opposed to wanting more. I look back on these memories and I have come to the conclusion that they had no great hope or dream they wanted to accomplish. They did not have the mystery of the unknown as a personal challenge. In my mind and soul I know that we are all capable of being great human beings with the ability, when determined to show it, to formulate new understandings and/or create new innovations. All of us have this ability within us. How do we tap this potential? We need to have a hope or dream to offer every child that is tangible and possible. Education, must be the start of how we do this. It should be the foundation of every teacher to instill and convince every child that they are a miracle and what their life can be about can be a miracle to everyone else. Before the teaching of knowledge begins the belief that every child knows the truth, that they are exceptional and unique, must have been firmly established. Hope is the great motivator!

No comments: