Saturday, October 2, 2010

A ray of hope (#610)

That is all I need. I am one of those people who hopes for the best but almost always gets less. That is okay with me since occasionally I get some little sliver of the sublime and in getting that little bit of perfection find the joy I hope for, if even for only a moment. I am one of those guys who looks at the worst life ever lived and if I do better than that then I have no room to complain. I do, once in awhile, complain but I soon become aware of it and stop acting so selfish. My life is a gift from someone not me. I have no right to complain about some wish I may have, regardless of how pure it may be. I am not the one who created all this, so I don't get to complain as if I did create all this. I do know this much, at times, my heart just sings with unbridled happiness. How much money would it take for me to buy for my heart, unbridled happiness? No amount exists. It can only come from hope realized. What a discovery I have made for me to live in my life. The secret to living is to hope for the best in life and actually have the patience for it to maybe come true. Because when it does, even in a small dose, nothing compares. I probably have spoken on the subject of hope more times than any other subject. It is not coincidental that the name of this blog is "Man of Hope". Hope is the single greatest imagining we can ever claim as our own. It has such power. For me, it generates such steady forward motion. I am a realist like I implied at the beginning of this post. I rarely get to have a hope realized. Regardless though, I will not stop to hope for that which is inside me or has made itself aware to me through others. If I have faith in anything at all it is in the joy of hope.

No comments: