Saturday, November 13, 2010

Facebook, blogs and other means to express (#652)

I can only imagine what my life would have been like if I had the options to express like I do now. I can, with some certainty, say that we all have something to say and a desire to be heard. When I was growing up and in my formative years there were few options for being heard and for even gathering information to help clarify my insights. That is not as difficult today. With the advent of the Internet and it's many components, gathering information and formulating much more precise arguments and thesis', is far easier. Having platforms to express the arguments and thesis' have also become more readily available because of the Internet. Facebook allows us to gain new acquaintences and share information of similar interest. I use blogger to express a daily opinion on some subject and as such fulfill my desire to be heard at my convenience. E-mail also is a way of sending out information to multitudes at the touch of a keystroke. I do not write letters much anymore but still do keep the means for them if I choose. Some things in life surpass the electronic age as to dearness to the heart and having received an handwritten letter is one of them. Mostly though, if I want to express in word, I have the means to do so in a way that is recorded and available for perusal. The ability to express myself is not the only consideration I have to make. The content of my message must reflect the high standards I have for myself. I like to think that (the better and best of humanity) is my guiding principle of virtue. I have a duty and a responsibility to only present objective and well thought out insights if I am to put my name on anything I write for public or private viewing. Expressing myself in the written word can never be for less than positive reasons. Learning to express myself in written form is a practice that I am continuing to perfect as it is a craft of refinement. I welcome all the challenges associated with it because I get to express like I have never been able to before.

No comments: