Monday, November 22, 2010

The inspiration to become better humans (#661)

Inspiration comes from having a great goal. Hopefully, our ethics and morality will point us in the direction of a goal that is an advancement we all can approve. I just want to make the distinction about goals, there can be some that are inspirational but not healthy or an advancement of a positive nature. Selfish goals that benefit one without the consent of others who are being taken from. What I have in mind for goals are the ones that benefit the one and others as well. A positive goal in the sense that it advances society instead of retreats society backwards. Goals are like what we would wish for if we had the power of granting wishes. Goals that look out ahead of where we are as a society and see where we could be if we could only get there. I know that our life spans are short but regardless, having a purpose to strive toward can be and is fulfilling. With fulfillment comes an emotional and psychological uplifting of the spirit. A happiness if you will allow me to describe it as such. Certainly, the striving for the goal is not always fulfilling, but when in earnestness of purpose comes resolve and satisfaction that something worthwhile is being attempted. I have lived my youthful life with little purpose except to find my own pleasures. This did not bring me fulfillment, on the contrary it brought me more of a sense of hollowness. I had lost my way for awhile and now I am back. Full of purpose for striving toward goals that could benefit not just me but everyone. I would like to see a society that treated all like they are special and equal. I would like to see a world where poverty and hunger were not the dominant reality. I would like to see every human have a real chance and duty to participate in living a life of respect and honor. Many goals to see, much work to be done. I am content in that at least I see what could be. Now to work to make it happen.

No comments: