Monday, November 29, 2010

To keep hope, action is required (#668)

Our nation was founded on the idea that a better way of life could exist from the one that was, at that time, being lived. That was a hope that eventually came to be realized. In that instance however, much action that required sacrifice and blood was necessary. Not all hopes require action that extreme but some form of action is required for all hopes. Hopes are things that have not been obtained by the one whom hopes but they may in some time within the present or future, be realized. I have found, in my experience, that hoping based upon just hoping, is insufficient to create the environment for the hope to become realized. Action by myself or other(s) needs to be facilitated. Hope is the idea, the dream, the aspiration that has a seed within our minds. It will only be that idea unless action of some thought is provided. Faith is different from hope. Faith is the belief that an idea is true or false, however one looks at the faith being considered. Faith is the rock whereas hope is the river. In hope, change is expected. I bring up the two concepts, faith and hope, because I wish to be clear in why I am defining hope and I do not wish for anyone to be confused by the two. A principled life is the beginning of my outlook. I have, over the years developed my principles for living and they follow me as I live day to day. My principled life is my motor, my hope is like the petrol that starts my motor and powers it through my day. The navigating I do is based upon the hope I wish to see or achieve. Here it is, my hope is my motivation for the course of my life. Everyone has hopes, the question is what are those hopes and are they valued as worthy? Our destinies are being written by the actions of our lives, what will your destiny say about you?

No comments: