Thursday, December 9, 2010

Being honest (#678)

Being honest. For such a thing to be, much must be thought out. Allowing for time to think before responding in an active way is imperative. Despite the best of intention, many other factors and situations must be considered. It is invaluable to begin at the point of truth however, before any real thought is given to being honest. I have found that when I try to present an honest thought in some way that is disingenuous I have nullified the objective of honesty with a dishonest delivery system. In other words, manipulating honesty is counterproductive! I need, as well as desire, to let honesty stand on it's own and be a part of whatever happens after that. I don't get to create the illusion that is not mine to create. I have to trust in how honesty is perceived and live within that boundary. When I think of how I want to be treated it is with the honesty that exists not some form of it meant to assuage some aspect of my reality. Despite the best of intention, I need to deal with reality and not a false sense of it. I know that some, myself at times included, have thought that by changing the truth just enough to protect someone, they and I were doing them a favor. Wrong!!! We all need what is real in life for us to be able to better understand how to live in life. The real pain and joy that exist should be ours to absorb as they naturally come to us all. I have much faith in the human species to be able to adapt our instincts and need to survive to whatever truth may appear. It is essential that we keep our communications based on foundations of reality. For all of us to be honest is the first step toward helping each other face and grow from the real life circumstances that belong to us.

No comments: