Saturday, December 11, 2010

Life is the journey (#680)

Why do I say this? Simply because I hear so many people talking about how things should be and how to do it that I want to clarify their assumptions. In some instances it is well and good to not go howling at the moon, I understand when advice of this nature is given. What I am referring to instead is the kind of advice that tries to determine a process for action when other viable processes for action exist. We are not here to get somewhere. Where would we go? Earth has us captive except for a chosen few astronauts. Then shouldn't our experience here on Earth fit within what we want for ourselves and what we can do for others, not what others think we should have? The actions we take, no matter where or what we do, should be with the thought of experiencing life while going from point A to point B. There are certain expectations we have for ourselves and attaining those through achievement is commendable and respectable. But the actual attainment or achievement is not the purpose for our lives it is a justification of sorts for how we want to live our lives. Is there honor in what we achieve? Have we earned what we attained? How did we do these great feats? Whenever I am pursuing a goal it is the details I experience that give me satisfaction when I am on a quest. How I achieve or attain, especially noble efforts, are even more important than the actual attainment. I have a simple philosophy about my actions, every one of them, I tell myself that every thought and action I think or do is being recorded and somewhere, somehow and sometime they will be viewed by others. I place a real or imagined paradigm of hoped for reality on myself which serves me well in reminding me that everything I do has a significance. My journey is my signature to define to anyone and everyone who I am and how I live.

No comments: