Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The two sides of myself (#683)

I cannot help but to be. I have much passion for how I see life should be lived and I am inevitably faced with a frustrating reality. So much so that my emotions are weary of being depressed from fighting for my vision that seems so logical and right, but failing most always. That is one side of who I am. The other side is much more care-free and open to enjoying each moment as if it is my last. Not irreverent or cavalier but tuned out to the chaos of aggravation and tuned into the beauty of what is before me. A sort of, I can see the acuteness of each tree despite the obtuseness of the whole forest, mentality. Without the two sides of me I am afraid I would be useless as a person. When not in argument over how life could be lived I take the time to actually live, like life should be lived, even if it is only for me . My perspective can only grow from such an arrangement and I do not end up howling at the moon as a consequence, lol. Survival is what is intuitive and instinctual within me and having the ability to disassociate my logical and compassionate mindset to a more curiously innocent one, has given me the advantage of enjoyment of life and allows me to step back into the battle for the direction of our humane society, when I am properly rested. The two counterparts of myself are distinct and serve me well. I have no illusion about this complexity I admit to, it is what it is and it is justified in my own mind. In my own mind, where by the way, all things to me form shape and understanding. I use this blog to describe my thoughts on a variety of subjects that are interpersonal to all of us but in this case I can only define how I operate and leave to the readers to draw their own conclusions on how they operate to maintain a semblance of self in conjunction with reality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel

Man of Hope said...

Je suis heureux de vous crois pas, mais je suis juste un homme qui s'efforce de comprendre les choses.
merci pour le compliment.