Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Adventures and quests (#718)

Despite the fact of my age I am still filled with the wonder of learning and discovering. I have no doubt that I will be like this for the rest of my days. Learning is a given, I am constantly trying to find new information from any source of credibility. I have been in that constant mode all of my life. What I have not always been in is a constant mode of adventure, starting and finishing quests. I am now seeing that I have fallen into a rut of sorts as far as getting outside my small circle and doing some exploring. I don't have to have some magical destination like outer space or under the water at the deepest point. I just need to go somewhere outside and keep my eyes open and my mind ready to receive. I am not looking for familiar places but for the unfamiliar. The places I have seen or heard of that piqued my curiosity. Life is getting by me and I have a need to fill my experiences up with new vistas and horizons. Since life is change by definition then I need to be changing as well. Of course I need to be grounded. I know this about myself. I look forward to coming home, but to do that I need to be away from home. Sacramento will always be my home, not any place in particular but the city itself. Otherwise, everywhere else is open for adventure. All of my life I have been adrift in some form or another, moving from different cities and states on a regular basis. I have found adventure and small quests to occupy my time while I was younger but not so much now. I need to change that and give myself a chance to rediscover the world I live in. the USA is grand but it is not all. I need to get outside of what I know and see the things that make up what I don't know. I am feeling a yearning to explore and I would be wise to heed my inclination.

No comments: