Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Compassion and Curiosity (#712)

What do I mean by these terms? I think that I would be better served to explain what I mean by ascribing each trait to an individual. Compassion=Mohandas Ghandi; by this I mean that his heart was open to all through sympathy to love. Curiosity=Christopher Columbus; His idea of a world that was not flat came to be true through his actions of discovery. We care for each other and we wonder about everything. This is magical what us humans have within us. The capacity to feel sensations that fill us with purity and hope, as well as, an imagination to know, that may possibly be turned into reality. The design of our natures is unique and does call into question whether or not we are part of some larger system of existence that is beyond our logic. For now, just knowing that I care and I wonder is sufficient. Some future ancestor of us will undoubtedly come across the answers that are only barely imaginable to us now. I hope anyway. That is the beauty of us humans, we will keep pushing the envelope of knowledge until we are no longer confined within existence. It is who we are. More than anything it is my hope that our natures will be utilized to their maximum for the better of all of us instead of us fighting so hard against each other, struggling to just survive. Our species is absolutely remarkable. We deserve every just and right second within our destinies. We are not there yet but we can be. I can see the pathway. It is a meeting of the minds about the value of time in conjunction with the value of each human. Extending time for every human now will not only help in our interactions with each other but will also give us time to discover the still undiscovered. If only we could just see each other as the reflection of ourselves and then all work to make life more in line with our natures of compassion and curiosity.

No comments: