Friday, January 21, 2011

A higher calling (#721)

No, I am not talking about religion. I am talking about the better and best of what we have inside us. We are and always will be a work in progress. It just seems to me that the work in progress can reflect what is good about us becoming what is great about us. We really do get to choose what kind of person we will be. I know through personal experience that old habits and conditioned responses have made themselves a part of our thoughts and actions. True, but all we need to do to change these previous behaviors is to recognize them, slowly or swiftly, and then do something different, hopefully better. We are creatures of patterns because there is something about consistency that we are drawn toward. It makes us feel comfortable instead of feeling like we will fail. Consistency is good if it is not wrong thought and/or behavior. I am not trying to be a psychologist here but looking at what we do and say then evaluating that against what else we might do and say seems to be a worthy alternative. Always remember that change is the paradigm of our existence. If we are not always trying to become a better or best version of ourselves then what else are we doing that is more important? More than anything comfort has become synonymous with remaining static. I need to catch my breath occasionally, and having a spot to stop and reflect is gratifying. But not to the point where my stay at pausing in a comfortable place becomes who I am. life is too valuable a gift to stop being a part of just for the sake of comfort. We need to eliminate as much fear from our lives as possible so that the wonder of life can consume us instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very inspirational... thank you!
Rene