Monday, January 24, 2011

My life today and afterlife tomorrow (#724)

I have heard most every belief and prediction of what will happen upon my earthly demise. Some are fantastic and quite difficult to believe as possible and some are devastating and fearful to the worst degree. Since no one has proven themselves to have died, experienced death, and then come back to life and told me or anyone else what really happens, I am left with my own judgement. Having no judgement that is grounded in anything I would call fact, I am left with only circumstantial reasonings and ancient belief systems. Of course the one about going to heaven and having nothing but righteousness all around me sounds pleasant enough, I act like I am comparison shopping! lol, however, the same one that offers beauty in an everlasting way is the same one that also offers an excruciating never ending hellfire. Seems to me there are some fear-based issues there with that one. anyway, from where I am from that version is the most popular. I think I will be a smart shopper and wait to make a purchase on any afterlife decisions. The reason being is that I am still alive here in this one. But some say why not make a choice now and guarantee where you will go? I say, there are no guarantees after death other than circumstantial choices. This is where I am today. Here is the best part though, what one has to do to qualify for the heaven option, I already practice in my life. I have found many years ago that living a virtuous principled life is the actual best way to live while alive in this existence. If I happen to qualify for some great plan after I die then wonderful. I don't have to trip on picking out a possible everlasting life plan, all I have to do is live my life today like I want today. The rest will take care of itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the fun people are in hell! Nice blog again!
Rene