Saturday, January 8, 2011

What we do in life matters (#708)

Sure, if I died right now nothing would matter to me and why should I waste time caring about things when it is usually a struggle and I could be servicing my time in a more relaxing and self-centered way. I have thought about this many times and I always come back to the FACT that I just happen to care about others and want to help make a better world. It is my journey obviously since others do not feel the same. I do not blame anyone for what they do or don't do but I do hold out hope that some realization on their part will allow them to see that life is more than just ourselves. I have experienced many different sensations as a human who has some time in existence. The best sensations I have ever felt revolve around the compassionate side of my nature. Don't misunderstand me, I also experience great sensations when I am in discovery of the previously unknown. It is just that the compassionate side of me has the most experience with "feeling" alive. It has been a comprehensive evolution for me to get to this point. I started out, not unlike everyone else, just trying to find my way in the world with little to no help from anyone who could explain much to me at all. It has only been through perspectives gained from experience and logical application that I have endured long enough to have my current point of view. A maturation if you will allow me. I will not call it wisdom but it feels like it. I am humbled that I know what gives me purpose to continue doing what matters most to me in life. It would be far less a struggle to write this post from the point of view of "what can I get out of life today" perspective but it would not even be enjoyably satisfying. My destiny is ahead of me in such a clear way that not to follow it would be cruel and disappointing to my soul.

No comments: