Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trust your own internal sense (#737)

When I try to tell someone that they should trust me about something I had better be trustworthy about that something. It is difficult enough just to be trustworthy to myself about myself, let alone trying to convince others of something I would have them accept. I have found that my own internal gauge of what is right or wrong supersedes those who would negate my instincts and reasoning, without totally validating and verifying their advanced perception. I have lived inside myself for the length of my life and in that time I have built up a mechanism for distinguishing right from wrong and truth from fiction. The process is continual and on-going but the basis is there within me. I need to trust what I have reasoned over the time of my life to be the best source of direction. I can always learn and will always be willing to look at different points of view for the rest of my life but in no way by looking at different points of view am I validating them as logical or correct. I think of myself as a sort of black hole, trying to pull everything within me so that I can digest it and make sense of the aftermath of the absorption. One thing I love to do is gather all information on a subject and then morph it into a conclusion that has the most logical sense to it. It may seem a bit odd to do things this way but for me it works. So many people in the past and present have formed some opinions and stances about certain things and never seem to be flexible to other possibilities. I find that odd and I am not of that school or train of thought. I trust my instinct to be an objective egalitarian and the definition I understand from that principle. 

No comments: