Monday, March 21, 2011

I must always remember the child within me (#780)

Whenever I start to let my thoughts reason out scenarios about what is happening in my life I must remember that I am still that child who was so young not that long ago. Why? Because it is who I always will be. I may gain in experience and intellectual knowledge but the person who takes it all in is still me. I will always be my inner child. That is the most important thing for me to remember. It is where my innocence resides and innocence is how I wish to see my world. I have already lived through manipulation and cynicism, which is ever present if I let it be. I choose not to do so. I want the rest of my life to be about the childhood insights about how life should be and not about how it would be if I didn't care. We all have the power to turn our viewpoints of life into what we want them to be instead of what they shouldn't be. It is that simple. I am not saying that life will suddenly be wonderful with us by changing our viewpoints but it will be less worse because of it. Everything happens for whatever kind of reason, I get to make my change on my terms, without anyone else forcing me to do so. When I have left this existence, I will have left circumstances behind me that had value as opposed to circumstances being detrimental. I do not wish for any selfishness on my part to be my overwhelming legacy. I am a child of this Universe and as such my life within it must represent who I am. Who I am is inside me, that child I spoke of who was the first light of reason and consciousness established in my memory. I am the inquisitive one who loved being around others. I am the child who could never stop trying to do the right thing regardless of how hard it was. I built within me a principled foundation. I am back on that foundation after having abandoning it for the allure of illusion. To my good fortune, I have rediscovered that child within me.

No comments: