Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Horizons (#778)

Funny how I think! New horizons are the unknown and therefore a change from something that had been previously familiar. I choose to look at circumstances in life this way because deep down I am an optimist about life in general. It is during the hard times that I find the greatest reward because of my outlook. I am a persevering type person and when the unknown strikes me I stand my ground and wait for the next moment. All things in life are a gift and there is no expectation on my part about what I am due. It is just humbling sometimes when the future is thrust upon me and I am not sure what to do. Of course when times of change include improvement or positive events the outlook toward the horizon is one of confidence and anticipation. Those types of changes require little thought as to impact of acceptance. What I am referring to are the changes that come at us sideways or from behind where a loss or negative event is in control. The place in time where fear, in it's many forms, is the greatest emotion within our world. It is times like that when I rely on my sense of the greater ideals I subscribe to. I have to pull out all my coping mechanisms as a buttress against the fearful doubt which would consume me. I am no different than anyone else in regards to how we, as a species, react to similar stimuli. I am also no different than anyone else in how I use what is available in order to maintain hope for the better to be an end result. This is where I get to when I talk about new horizons. I am able today to realize and accept that no matter what happens to me in life I will always come out okay if I am still alive. Life is the one and only true need I have to keep. Everything else will be what it will be regardless of my best intentions. I can only hope that the best I do will somehow be reflected out to others and be a guiding force for my own destiny.

No comments: