Thursday, March 10, 2011

On being an honorable example (#769)

What is the driving motivational force behind the principled reasonings of my life? What is my life and how will it appear to those when I am no longer here? One major clue is what does my life look like now to those who are closest to me? I have a process that is hinged upon some high notion of everything I do is just one more step in becoming the better and best of who I can be. I live my life trying to improve on the humanness of myself. I know I have the best of our species within me and it is my hope to live in that best as much as I am able. What I do with this gift of life should represent the struggles that have happened previous to me in order to improve life. I guess it does all winnow down to vision. What is my vision for the world and my place within it? I see us living in a society that encourages instead of belittles. I see our society as striving to answer questions that help us all understand the nature of the universe and our place within it. I see our society as a place where helping each other rise to new heights is valued above our own personal comforts. I see a society that prides itself in displaying it's greatest attributes with honor and a sense of humble pride! I see a society where humility and reverence for the unknown is the baseline and bold courage the pinnacle in the quest to make it known. I see our society as a bastion for free thinking that abides by the rule of "no harm". "If" our species can survive the elements that are thrown at us by the physical universe we may have a chance to also survive the obstacles we throw at each other without due care given to the least of us. What I am today is an earnest effort to be reflective of what I have always wanted to be, a man who despite his own limitations, can reach out and create a world around me that is indicative of the greatest we have to offer.

No comments: