Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The power to rationalize (#789)

We all have it and we all do it. In our little worlds we have sway and influence in what and how we interpret situations and actions. Whether it is on a large scale or a small scale, we are given our opportunities to define ourselves through our words. I am so very much aware of this now and have adjusted my voice of opinion and thought to the fact that what I say and do reflects back to others, who and what I am. I am wise in some respects to caution, as a method to critically think before offering words to express myself. That old saying of, "It is better to have people think me stupid than to open my mouth and prove it", has some bearing in how I react to confusion and chaos. Of course, I would rather offer words that don't prove me stupid, therefore I carefully apply my words in a way that accurately expresses my understandings. I do not live in the illusion that I know all things to some degree. I live in the reality that I know only a few things and not very well at all. It seems that most every post I submit has as a foundation the concept of humility. I am honored to be spoken to of things that are important and personal and as such respect that any answer I give must be in humility and thoughtful consideration. It is the same for me when I am in a situation where I am needing advice or clarity on how to proceed. I also look to those who offer a different perspective for me to consider. What this does for me is give me a new way to look at my problem and usually opens up other considerations for solutions. I am not looking to be told or to tell anyone what to do, I just want to help others and myself come to new rationalizations in order to solve or proceed in the proper way.

No comments: