Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Who we are (#768)

How do I know who I am? That is the question I try to examine and define in my blog. It is my contention that we are curious and compassionate, with a will to survive. How did I get to that? I looked within myself and examined the actions of those around me. I obviously have seen many forms of actions and the reasons behind them. It is more than actions and reasons though, it is intent of principle or purpose that gives me the insight into our overall activities and by extension, our natures. Even when bad things are done, the intent behind them has some, albeit twisted, noble ideal. We are made up of the best of who we have become over time. An evolution of our species is ongoing and change is the process of that evolution. We cannot be pigeon-holed into any permanent genre, we are free-flowing into all genre's and like water we will flow to areas that are continually new to us. This tells me of our nature to be curious. We have this curious instinct within us that craves to know. We are also a society that learns from each other in ways that help us express our need for each other. We need interaction with our species and by extension a void within us is filled through common hopes and dreams, especially emotional ones. Our compassion for each other is our bond to help assuage real fears about the unknown. Which leads us finally to survival. The struggle we focus on our will to breath from our first interaction with this reality to our daily maneuverings all at the core fitted around keeping our lives here in this existence with a determined resolve. This is who we are, curious, compassionate and survivors. Other, urges express themselves through our actions but they are secondary and only able to exist if any of the three natures I contend, are not in usage. The absence of any or all of our natures brings out the worst of what we are capable of and have no positive future in the continuing evolution of our species, humankind!

No comments: