Monday, March 7, 2011

You are as young as you feel (#766)

I may be older in years but I am still very much enthusiastic about life. There was a period I went through where I was cynical about the future and my place in it but I have moved away from that type of thinking. Life and my expectations of it had fallen short of my hopes and going to the extreme of losing my hope got me to cynicism. I am now aware that my expectations were the problem and as soon as I gave those up my life has improved, and again, my life is being filled with hope. The quality of my life is what I pursue in whatever shape or form that reveals itself as. I am renewed with a sense of my eager childhood to explore and discover new and exciting thoughts and ideas about the nature of our species and the activities those natures entail. I fully understand the shortness of the typical life-span and take little or nothing for granted. The vigor of life is an emotion of euphoria, either tempered or full-blown, however it is experienced and experience it I will. I am wise enough to know that my physical body is not what it was when I was twenty so I have to moderate some activities based upon actuality. I may not be as energetic as I once was but the determination and will is still there in abundance. I wish to never again lose sight of the gift life, for the limited time it is available. Being young I had a hard time distinguishing the true time span of a life. Being older now, I know how fast time flies by and there really is no time to waste in putting to action my senses, emotions and thoughts before they are a distant memory, as I will soon enough become myself. I have found that I will always feel like the child I remember myself being and until I am done, I will strive to do just that!

No comments: