Friday, April 15, 2011

Curiosity and compassion (#805)

The purpose of my life. I do only have these two general conditions within me. I wonder and I care. Everything else is just life within these paradigms. There is one disclaimer though and that being my will to survive. I keep that anomaly off to the side as it's own generality but it can be placed within both compassion and curiosity as well. I know this is difficult for most to accept as serious. I will try to explain how it works for me. In curiosity, exists reason, logic, intuition and both the discovered and undiscovered. My thoughts and actions are an extension of my curiosity. Instinctively, I am drawn to life like a moth to flame, it is my nature to want to know. Not always has this been the case as I lost my way and I let ego convince me that I didn't need to know and was more worthy than others. That changed, thank goodness, and in the process of leaving that illusion I rediscovered my nature to learn, hence curiosity. As to compassion, which I give as a definition for all emotion, there exists my attachment to the universe. Not only am I a free thinking man capable of holding an intelligent conversation within acceptable norms but I am also a man who feels a connectivity to his place in existence through a sense of belonging. My emotions have instilled within me a confidence of purpose to be friendly and helpful to most every extreme. I am also able to hold out hope for my irrational, at times, feelings on a very personal level. Neither of my two general instincts have a sway over me as to one over the other. Instead they are in concert with each other and keep me balanced as to how I perceive my reality. It is as if I am separated from myself on a higher plane in guiding my life yet subject to my thoughts and emotions without direction. It is a pleasant arrangement that exists within and without me and I fully embrace this concept.

No comments: