Friday, April 22, 2011

Expectations lead to fear (#812)

Life is hard enough with it's known's and unknowns without adding to it through having expectations. I am not saying one should not plan for the present and future but to place expectations on those plans can be harmful and full of fear. As an example, I have a feeling within me I have no control over. It is a gift within me and I accept it. However, for me to have some expectation of destiny or fate for it to come to fruition is not healthy. I get to experience life not dictate it. It has been a long road for me to get to this point where I understand that I am just a participant here in existence not the master of existence. As such, I am only as good as my part within existence. If I feel like I deserve or am due some thing outside myself then I have just stepped beyond my objectivity. I will have created some scenario that is dependent on the whim of chaos and uncertainty. What is eventual, for me, is that if I allow myself to expect something that my mind or heart may deem due me, I have just moved into the realm where fear of not getting it or someone else getting it will appear. Most assuredly fear does envelope me with it's unsatisfying presence. I am at a stage in my life now where when fear does descend upon me I can recognize if an expectation brought it to me. Just knowing that I cause my own fear through trying to take something that is not given to me has given me an antidote to abate and recede fear of this form. In a recent example, I felt fear over a circumstance, realized the circumstance was based in expectation, released myself from the expectation and the fear diminished altogether. I must always stay in the present and have no expectation of what will be, even as to myself. I have to trust that who I am inside me will appear regardless of whether I am afraid of whom that will look like.

No comments: