Friday, April 29, 2011

I am a man of my time (#819)

Now is my time, not some other wishful thought of some other time. I am here now and must be all in on that. I often talk about being in the present and that is important to me. The level of my present is normally my close surrounding and interactions. but I am also present on the larger scale as well. The world around me needs my input as much as it needs all of our input. I realize that I cannot just be a bystander in the progression of our history we are now making. I have to bring to bear all of my abilities in a concerted way to be most effective. I also must think in terms of effort and not in terms of time. Time will take care of itself but effort has to come from within me. I am a part of reality and as such have a duty to be heard within reality. Some obstacles may be placed in my way, as we have been known to do to each other, but that should never be an excuse to abdicate my voice to silence. Being aware of this duty, to be a part of the present, in a way that helps validate my own personal existence is the first priority. With this first acknowledgment toward action, I realize that all of us have a stake in the activities surrounding us. My part will be based on what I bring to the discussion and what I can do as far as action is concerned. How do I know what to do? I pay attention to what our society is doing and thinking. I also have a core set of honorable principles that help guide me like care, decency, justice to name a few. When I am applied, as a possible vessel for solution, to the circumstances around me I get to become the change for the better that my life is intended to reflect. I am a man of my time and my time is now. What I do everyday should denote this for anyone to view.

No comments: