Monday, April 4, 2011

I have choices (#794)

I am sitting here at my desk wondering whether I should let fear run my new day or shall I just be happy with whatever comes my way. Decisions, decisions. That is right, I get to chose the outlook to my day. Now some extreme things may come along that change how I can feel but in an otherwise normal day I get to decide how I want to feel about it. The reason why is because I am alive and just being alive is a good thing. So I have a foundation to work off of. Since I am the one who lives within me I do have control over me. The circumstances of my life also have some control over me and they are the things that I am battling against in how I let myself feel about how I am feeling about every moment. My first thought just sitting here this morning was the overwhelming feeling of the things I must confront today and how daunting they may be. My immediate second thought was a happy thought about the things I get to do today and how wonderful it is to have a purpose about things that I get to do. Two thoughts and two outlooks. Of course I choose to live in the latter scenario and enjoy my day as opposed to living in the former scenario and enduring a fear-based reality. My mind is the key to my outlook. I must never forget that no matter what my circumstances are I am still ahead of the "game" because I am alive. I don't look at life as a game but I also know that there are rules within existence and how I live within those rules is important. Even with rules that guide and force me into decisions that are difficult and hard to navigate, I am still left with a choice about how I manage my thoughts and actions within them. Regardless of the nature of my destiny, I am still the one who, in the present, decides the course of that destiny and the eventual quality of who I am and what I do.

No comments: