Saturday, April 23, 2011

The necessity of humor (#813)

It has taken me some time to find this morning's subject but found it I have. Recently some humor has been applied to some serious stuff and some have not been able to transcend that gap from serious to pressure release humor. I understand since often I am in no mood for humor when I am on a rant or feeling powerfully upset by an existing situation. One thing I have learned though and that is this; when I am uncomfortable with something I need to stop and look at it from a different perspective. I eventually realize that humor gives me that different perspective. I guess it is all about timing with me and that is my dilemma. I often feel so stubbornly about things that I refuse to see that I can do very little regardless of my "mood". I look at humor like a bridge I can take to get from one place to another. It helps to relieve my anxiety while showing me that life is about more than just taking a stand. Life is about caring and having fun, while learning and having new ideas. There is a time and place for everything and me choosing when that time and place is for those around me is wrong of me. I guess it all boils down to my perception of what I think. Right there I have nailed my problem, since rarely is anything about what I think. I am finding the easier softer way to living and expressing myself but it is a work in progress. I have to be able to adapt to circumstances when they get so headstrong that no room to maneuver is left. Conversely, like this morning and my ability to make myself vulnerable to a virus on Facebook. I get to go from talking about a rant I may have about some subject to holding my hat in my hand and asking people to have pity on my poor soul for being the vessel of spreading a virus. Life is a quirky little thing is it not? My attempt at humor. lol.

No comments: